Do you have an eco friendly home office? You can. Having a home office or home based business has many advantages, especially when helping the environment. You don’t have to commute and you can organize your office to be more eco-friendly.
Once you organize a system it will be easy to maintain and be second nature.
10 steps for an eco friendly home office
- Use cloud-storage – Cut down on paper files by using secure cloud storage. Some providers are:
- Print on both sides of a paper.
- Use “draft” mode for printing when feasible.
- Set up recycle paper bin in your home office.
- Replace your lightbulbs in your office with LED lightbulbs.
- Buy recycled paper, toner and printer cartridges.
- Turn off lights, computers, printers when you leave.
- Find local electronic recycling centers to dispose of your computers, laptops, printers, etc.
- Set up conference calls or video conferencing where practical to cut down on travel.
- Subscribe to online versions of newspapers and magazines to reduce paper waste.
Want more tips and advice for your awesome law practice? Check out Law Office on a Laptop, Second Edition: How to Set Up Your Own Successful Law Mobile Law Practice.